Chocolate Banana Açaí Bowls2016-03-22
Chocolate Ice Cream for breakfast? Yes Please! With this Acai Bowl recipe, you don’t have to save Chocolate for dessert! But don’t let the chocolate fool you… It’s full of energy! Great for Kids & Grown-ups, and Makes a perfect Post-Workout meal.
It’s Raw, Gluten Free & Vegan. For an extra boost, try adding in a little Kale, Spirulina or Coconut Oil. We top ours with Almonds, Bananas & Raw Acai Superfood Cereal – But you you can get creative with other toppings like: Walnuts, Coconut, Fruit, Raw Honey, Granola, etc…!
Ingredients for Chocolate Banana Açaí Bowls
- 2 large super ripe bananas, peeled and frozen
- 2 (3.5-ounce packages)unsweetened acai berries*
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoonsraw cacao powder**
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cashew or almond butter, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup full-fat canned coconut milk (or almond milk)
- For Serving:
- full-fat canned coconut milk
- sliced banana
- chia seeds
- grated dark chocolate
- Add all of the ingredients for the acai bowls to a high-powered blender. Blend until thick and smooth – you may need to start and stop the blender to stir several times, and/or add slightly more liquid.
- Pour the acai smoothie into two separate bowls. Serve with chia seeds, coconut milk, sliced banana, and shaved dark chocolate.
*I use Sambazon acai smoothie packs, which you can get at most natural food stores **You can also use unsweetened cocoa powder