Green Tropicalada Bowl2016-11-01
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 15m
Green Tropicalada Bowl
Hands-on Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
For an added health and color boost, try adding about 1 teaspoon of spirulina to the acai purée.
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh kale
- 1/2 small banana
- 1 100-g (3.5-oz) pack frozen unsweetened acai berry pulp (TRY: Sambazon Unsweetened Acai Smoothie Pack; before opening your acai pack, run pack under water for 5 seconds to thaw and break the frozen pulp into smaller pieces.)
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (TIP: Instead of almond milk, you can substitute a mix of ¼ cup coconut milk combined with ¼ cup water.)
- 1/2 small banana, sliced
- 2 tbsp peeled and chopped pineapple
- 1/4 cup granola, optional
- 1 to 2 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- Drizzle of raw honey, optional
- Prepare acai purée: To a blender, add spinach, kale, banana, acai pulp, mango and a splash of milk. (TIP: Add to blender in that order as adding softer ingredients first makes it easier on your blender blades.) Blend on low until larger chunks are broken down, then gradually increase speed, adding a splash of milk at a time, and stopping to scrape down sides of blender if needed. When ingredients have mostly come together and all of milk has been added, blend on high for 15 to 20 seconds more.
- Add toppings: Pour acai purée into a bowl, then add toppings and drizzle with honey (if using).