December 2016 UPDATE: I’ve published a new blog post about açaí after going to the açaí rain forest in Brazil and learning about how it grows, its benefits & the traditional way to eat açaí. See it here:
Açaí 101: Why It’s My Top Super food + I’m In The Amazon Jungle!
A traditional dish eaten on the beaches of Brazil, açaí bowls are crazy popular around the world, and for a good reason.
A delicious way to start your day with clean energy and one of my all-time favorite breakfasts, an açaí bowl is super easy to make. The best part is that you can make it completely your own – depending on what you have available. Here is a little more about açaí, some of my favorite ingredients and toppings, and top recipes for you to try!
Be sure to tag #breakfastcriminals if you post your creations on Instagram.
What is açaí?
What is an açaí bowl?
Açaí + Breakfast Criminals Story
What are the health benefits of açaí?
Açaí is an amazing source of antioxidants, fiber, heart healthy-fats, and minerals. It’s also low on sugar – just make sure you grab the unsweetened version. You can find açaí at health food stores and online. My my favorite brand is Tambor – their açaí products are wild harvested and non-GMO project verified.
How do you make an açaí bowl?
Açaí bowl ingredients
Here are all my favorite ingredients to make an açaí bowl. mix, match, use what you have, and make it your own!
14 Best Açaí Bowl Recipes:
1. Mango Açaí Bowl Recipe:
2. Pumpkin Pie Açaí Bowl Recipe:
3. Strawberry Nectarine Açaí Bowl Recipe:
4. Blackberry Avocado Açaí Bowl Recipe:
5. Beaming Protein Açaí Bowl Recipe:
6. Chocolate Mango Açaí Bowl Recipe:
7. Raw Vegan Cherry Açaí Bowl Recipe:
8. Berry Lucuma Açaí Bowl Recipe:
9. Cinnamon Spice Cookie Açaí Bowl Recipe:
10. Berry & Kale Superfood Açaí Bowl Recipe:
11. Purple Love Bowl: Açaí + Overnight Oats Recipe
12. Pumpkin Papaya Açaí Bowl Recipe:
- 1 açaí smoothie pack
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 kiwi
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- Macadamia nuts
- Flax seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Raw cacao nibs
- Optional: amond butter, granola
- 1 açaí smoothie pack
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2/3 cup coconut water
- 1 tablespoon maca
- 1 scoop raw chocolate protein powder for an extra kick (optional)
- chocolate granola
- strawberries & blueberries
- hemp seeds
- raw cacao nibs
- dried coconut flakes