Acai Berry Breakfast Bowl2017-02-03
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 15m
Acai Berry Breakfast Bowl
Acai are purple berries from Brazil that are very high in antioxidants. We like to enjoy their goodness in this cool, creamy breakfast that’s perfect on a hot summer’s day when you are fully awake and ready for something refreshing. Savour and warm each mouthful so that you don’t shock the system. Serve it in a jam jar so you can take it as breakfast on the go. From our bestselling cookbook The Art Of Eating Well, which includes recipes from the Channel 4 series Eating Well with Hemsley + Hemsley.
Acai Berry Breakfast Bowl Ingredients
- 2 tbsp freeze-dried acai berry powder
- 1⁄2 a frozen banana
- 1 small avocado
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 150 g frozen berries
- 1 date, pitted
- 200 ml coconut water or water
- hemp seeds
- goji berries
- fresh banana slices
- berries or seasonal fruit
- chia seeds
- bee pollen
- cacao nibs
- Check the SHOP for our favouritepantry ingredients, stores for fresh produce and kitchen equipment.
RECIPE FROM THE ART OF EATING WELL. AVAILABLE FROM: AMAZON |WATERSTONES | HIVE
1. Put the acai berry powder, banana, avocado, coconut oil, berries, date and water in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
2. Serve with your choice of toppings.
TIP: When freezing bananas, cut into chunks when they are really ripe and then freeze for easier blending.