Coconut Banana Oats Bowl with Crunchy Black Sesame Quinoa Cereal + Mango2016-03-24
- Coconut Banana Oat Smoothie
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (use gluten free if needed)
- 1 cup coconut milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- half of a medium banana
- Crunchy Black Sesame Quinoa Cereal
- 3 1/4 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup whole cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup black sesame seeds (may use white if needed)
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
- good pinch of salt
- half a mango, chopped or sliced
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, chopped
- fresh mint leaves
- or coconut butter, melted for drizzling
- unsweetened coconut flakes
!Crunchy Black Sesame Quinoa Cereal
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheet with parchment or a silpat.
In a large bowl add the quinoa, almonds, cashews, sesame seeds and flax seeds. Stir in the honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract, instant coffee and a pinch of salt, Mix well. Dump the mixture out over the 2 prepared baking sheets and spread evenly. Bake for 35-50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes until lightly golden brown all over. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before storing.
!To make the Coconut Banana Oats
Mix together the oats, 1/2 cup coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla and salt in a small bowl. Cover and place in the fridge for for at least 30 minutes or preferably overnight. (Now is when I would make the quinoa cereal). The next morning add the mixture to a blender along with the remaining 1/2 cup coconut milk and banana. Blend until smooth and creamy.
!To Assemble the Bowl.
Pour the creamy oats into a bowl. Top with the crunchy quinoa cereal, sliced mango and chopped chocolate. Add some mint and a drizzle of chocolate coconut butter or coconut butter if desired. Eat!