Hawaii 5-0 Rainbow Bowl2016-05-19
- Yield : 1
- Servings : 1
- Prep Time : 15m
Hawaii 5-0 Rainbow Bowl
Using frozen fruit in the acai purée helps to achieve a thick consistency, but avoid adding ice as it can water down the flavors. For the topping, fresh fruit works best, but frozen and thawed can also work in a pinch.
- 1/2 small banana
- 1 100-g (3.5-oz) pack frozen unsweetened acai berry pulp (TRY: Sambazon Unsweetened Acai Smoothie Pack; before opening your acai pack, run pack under water for 5 seconds to thaw and break the frozen pulp into smaller pieces.)
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 kiwi, peeled and sliced or chopped
- 1/2 small banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup peeled and chopped pineapple or mango
- 1/4 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup granola, optional
- Drizzle of raw honey, optional
- Prepare acai purée: In a blender, add banana, acai pulp, strawberries, blueberries and a splash of milk. (TIP: Add to blender in that order as adding softer ingredients first makes it easier on your blender blades.) Blend on low until larger chunks are broken down, then gradually increase speed, adding a splash of milk at a time, and stopping to scrape down sides of blender if needed. When ingredients have mostly come together and all of milk has been added, blend on high for 15 to 20 seconds more.
- Add toppings: Pour acai purée into a bowl and arrange toppings in stripes of their respective color to form a rainbow: from left to right, arrange blueberries, kiwi, banana, pineapple and strawberries. Sprinkle with granola and drizzle with honey (if using).
Nutrients per serving (1 bowl): Calories: 327, Total Fat: 9 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g, Carbs: 63 g, Fiber: 11 g, Sugars: 37 g, Protein: 4 g, Sodium: 106 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg