Special Tropical Acai Bowl2016-04-06
- 1 pack frozen acai berry puree
- 1 frozen sliced banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Original (or milk of choice), plus more as needed
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon honey, to taste
- Favorite fresh fruit, sliced (pineapple, strawberries, kiwi, mango, ect)
- Clear, runny honey
- Granola (optional)
- Unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- Dried goji berries (optional)
- Chia or hemp seeds (optional)
- Combine frozen banana, strawberries, almond milk, honey, and acai berry puree to a blender. Blend until creamy and smooth, adding extra almond milk as needed to get the blender running. Aim for a frozen-yogurt consistency (it should be thicker than a smoothie).
- Spoon the acai mixture into bowls (or pineapple bowl) and top with sliced fruit, a drizzle of honey, and the optional toppings (if using).
You can buy acai packs in the frozen fruit section of many grocery stores. Look for frozen pulp, not the powder, to use in smoothie bowls.