For best results, use a high-powered blender like a Vitamix; as the acai bowl base is thicker than a smoothie, blenders with lower horsepower may have trouble processing it.
- Add the frozen fruits, acai powder, almond milk, nut or seed butter, and honey to a blender. Blend until creamy and smooth, adding extra almond milk as needed to get the blender running. Aim for a frozen-yogurt consistency (it should be thicker than a smoothie).
- Spoon the acai mixture into bowls and top with sliced fruit, bee pollen, a drizzle of honey, and the optional toppings (if using).
- 2 cups (10 1/2 ounces) frozen strawberries
- 2 frozen sliced bananas
- 4 tablespoons acai powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice), plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons nut or seed butter (I used almond)
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon honey, to taste
- Fresh fruit, sliced (I used bananas, strawberries, and raspberries)
- Bee pollen
- Clear, runny honey
- Granola (optional)
- Unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- Dried goji berries (optional)
- Chia or hemp seeds (optional)